Date(s) - 11/11/2019
Gosfield Lake Golf Club
Certification: BASIS (Registration) Ltd.
Advanced BASIS Certificate Courses are independently examined by BASIS (Registration) Ltd. Exams consist of short answer papers and viva panel interviews. Viva panels are made up of a BASIS chairperson and industry experts in the relevant crops.
Each advanced BASIS module covers the agronomy and crop protection of particular crops in more depth than is possible on “BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection” Courses. Advanced BASIS involves a higher level of thinking and problem solving than Basis. A variety of participatory training techniques are used.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max: 1:12 Min 1:7
Each Crop Module covers:
- Agronomic significance of varietal choice.
- Rotational considerations
- Growth Regulation
- Weeds; significance, identification, biology and integrated control
- Pests; significance, identification, biology and integrated control
- Diseases; significance, identification, biology and integrated control
- Classification and modes of action of control products & techniques
- Safe and effective application of Plant Protection Products
- Resistance management
- Implications for agronomy and crop production / crop protection
Protection of People and the Environment and Good Agricultural Practice (GAP)
- Codes of Practice
- Industry best practice
Bookings are closed for this event.