Certification: Lantra Integrated Training and Assessment
Duration: 2 days (complete novices may need 3 days)
1 day (with prior certificate of basic training or signed experience operator declaration form)
Who is the Course For? Anyone required to use ATV as part of their work. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating, with certification.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max: 1:6 with at least 3 machines
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Typical causes of accidents and how to prevent
- What is an ATV?
- Transmissions and drives, controls and instruments
- Daily checks and re-fuelling
- Start/stop procedure
- Risk Assessment / route
- Failed hill climb techniques
- Ascent / descent / traversing and complex riding situation.
- Emergency Stop
- Trailers and Implements
- Assessment of riding, hitching and loading